Salads aren’t boring. You can turn just about anything into a salad! It’s a wonderful way to use up any leftover ingredients. Here are two of my favorite salad recipes. Let me know what yours are in the comments!
Good-quality nuts, toasted in a coconut oil and salt, make a magical addition to many salads.
Sweet Crunch Salad
Serves 6 Time 15 Minutes Level Easy
- 3 apples cubed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 cup walnuts or almonds roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 head lettuce washed spun and cut
Place apples and 2 tbsp. of lemon juice in a salad bowl. Toss to ensure apples are coated in juice. Add celery and walnuts. Add sliced lettuce leaves and avocado. Toss so that all ingredients are well combined. Dress your salad with a dressing of choice.
Serves 4 Time 15 Minutes Level Easy
- 1 large bunch kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1 avocado peeled pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts (or almonds)
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Assemble the salad
Aimee Tariq is most passionate about empowering professionals to live their best lives by removing toxic triggers and maximizing energy, focus and productivity. At the age of 23 she became a no. 1 bestselling author for health optimization.